Please visit and donate to Lauren’s GoFundMe page here.
The doctors removed the staples from Lauren’s hairline this afternoon and everything looks good. She has been awake quite a bit today and is talking!
Lauren is still in the ICU today, but all of the tubes have been removed and she’s been the most awake we’ve see so far! She is much more comfortable now (without the tubes) and can speak softly. She continues to have good communication with eye contact and nodding as well. She even posted to her Facebook page via her mom’s Facebook page. They did a chest x-ray to make sure there is no sign of infection from the tubes and it’s all clear. Her vitals are all stable and at good levels. It’s hard to keep a strong pony down, her progress is steady.
Lauren’s breathing pressure was good this morning and the medical staff were able to remove her breathing tube, so she is off the ventilator! This is great news. We’ll update as the day continues and she keeps crushing it.
Updated Friday List (italicized items added today)
Here’s a list of her injuries so far :
- facial trauma – stitches look really good
- CAT scan shows a little blood, but not increasing, so this is stable (good news)
- Two broken bones on the top of her left hand (only broken bones we know of)
- occiptal condyle fracture (should not impact range of motion)
- T1 fracture on spinous process (does not affect spinal support, just uncomfortable)
Her progress so far :
- Lauren is able to lock eyes, nod yes or no, and squeeze hands when she’s awake
- She recognized which rapper was playing
- She understood a joke about Snoop Dogg
- She has been smiling when awake and friends/family talk to her
- danced a little to Drake
- rolled eyes at dad
- Lauren was awake the longest so far today
- All the tubes have been removed, no signs of infection, much more comfortable
- Lauren posted on her Facebook page today at 12:52pm via her Mom’s account
- Lauren can speak softly now that the tubes are removed